Certificate: CompTIA Cloud Essentials™ Certificate
Duration: 2 days
Course Delivery: Virtual Classroom
Language: English, Portuguese, Japanese
Credits: 11 PDU's
The Cloud Essentials course is a 2-day, interactive, classroom-based learning experience. The course provides a balanced curriculum and addresses the business and technical perspectives of cloud computing. It will also explain how to adopt, operate, and govern the cloud. The course enables participants to successfully complete the associated CompTIA Cloud Essentials™ Exam to become Cloud Essentials™ Certified. In addition, the course complements the Virtualization Essentials course, which they can do either before or after they’ve taken the Cloud Essentials course.
Scenario-driven learning has always been one of the key success factors of ITpreneurs’ courses because it puts participants in the right mindset to apply the principles in a realistic setting. Thee role-play activities included in this course present a real-word connect using situations that can occur in the day-to-day life of partiicipants. Moreover, interactivities such as brainstorms, quizzes, and discussions add to the interactive nature of this course.
- IT Support Staff
- IT Consultants
- Business Managers
- Business Analysts
- Small and Midsized Business Owners
- Specialist (IT, security, infrastructure, services, systems, test, and so on)
- Business Process Owners
- IT Developers
- Service Providers
- System Integrators
- IT Management
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the common terms and definitions of cloud computing.
- Understand the business benefits and business considerations of cloud computing.
- Understand cloud computing from a technical perspective and recognize the various techniques, methods, challenges, and types of clouds.
- Understand the impact and changes of cloud computing on IT service management.
- Explain typical steps that lead to the successful adoption of cloud computing and understand the implications for organizations.
- Recognize the compliance, risk, and regulatory consequences of cloud computing and its financial and strategic impact on an organization.
Course Organizational Logistics:
- Classroom — U-shaped setup preferred
- Whiteboard, flipchart, and projector
- Participants — maximum of 16
There are no formal prerequisites; it is recommended that participants have experience in the IT domain
Course Student Material:
Participants receive a copy of the classroom presentation material and the Student Handbook, which contains Reference Material. In addition, a sample exam is provided
About the Examination:
- The course includes an Exam Preparation module, preparing participants to complete the CompTIA Cloud Essentials™ Exam on the second day of the course.
- The exam consists of 50 questions, the passing score is 720 (on a scale of 900), and is web-based in the English language.
|1. Course Introduction||6. Operating in the Cloud|
|2. Introduction to Cloud Computing||7. Governing the Cloud|
|3. Business Perspective||8. Exam Preparation|
|4. Technical Perspective||9. Exam|
|5. Adopting the Cloud|