DASA DevOps Coach
About this course
Are you looking for a way to help your team embrace DevOps?
Contact us for the Early-bird Special
Our DevOps Coach program is designed to give you the skills and knowledge you need to help individuals, teams, and the organization as a whole embrace DevOps. You’ll learn how to switch between Coaching, Consulting, Facilitation, and Mentoring so that you can be versatile and helpful in any situation.
With our program, you’ll be able to help your team members apply DevOps concepts and principles within their organization. This will allow them to work more efficiently and effectively together – resulting in better performance overall.
Sign up for our DevOps Coach program today!
This course is worth 24 Educational credits towards PDU, CPD, or any other educational unit requirements!
Are you ready to tap into the new and fast-growing domain of DevOps Coaching? Are you keen on supporting your organization by embracing DevOps Coaching practices and helping in achieving enterprise agility? Would you like to become the transformational leader who accelerates Digital, Cultural, DevOps, and Agile transformation initiatives?
If your answer is “YES” to any of the above, sign up for one of our upcoming sessions and join a prestigious global group of DASA DevOps Coaches.
DevOps Coaches are equipped with critical coaching competencies, coaching models, and tools to help organizations embark on their transformation journey. DASA DevOps Coaches understand the DevOps context and learn to switch between Coaching, Consulting, Facilitation, and Mentoring. This program makes you a versatile expert that can coach individuals, teams, and the organization for change and performance. Extends the skills of any professional in a DevOps environment to help team members and other stakeholders in the organization apply DevOps concepts and principles within their organization.
Highly interactive and reflective, we cover all the DevOps Coaching topics with new ways of learning and networking.
Advantages for you to join:
- The DASA DevOps Coach exam is part of this package. This certification is heavily sought after and will help you land new job opportunities and contracts
- Be among the first in the world to obtain DASA’s globally recognized DASA DevOps Coach certification
- The DASA DevOps Coach is the leading Professional level DASA certification; organizations recruit DevOps Coaches and the best investment in your career.
- Share your learnings with our global community along with the world’s best DevOps Coaching, who recommend this program.
- Connect with other coaches, build your network, and become a part of the DASA’s thriving international DevOps community
- Get trained by the experts who work directly with the Course Development Team and DASA to develop this advanced Coaching program.
- The DevOps Coach inspires teams and individuals with thought-provoking and creative processes. The core focus of the DASA DevOps coach is to enable and sustain the DevOps transformation. The DevOps Coach drives performance and catalysts for change for individuals, teams, and the organization.
- DevOps Coaches comprehend the essence of DevOps and how to coach teams in adopting DevOps principles or overcoming challenges. DASA DevOps Coaches are familiar with various coaching models and instruments and are able to apply the best model for the organization and people at any point in time.
- The DevOps Coach has become a critical role in driving DevOps success, and organizational performance as DevOps requires a cultural shift toward a new mindset, behaviors, and ways of working.
Is it right for me?
The course material is intended for professionals like you:
- Experienced DevOps professionals who have helped organizations transition to DevOps -preferably guided by the DASA DevOps competence model.
- Professionals who have a working knowledge of hands-on coaching experience in helping organizations adopt DevOps principles.
- Professionals who have coached in 2 or more organizations, departments, or programs.
- Professionals who have some formal or informal education about coaching.
Basic familiarity with Agile, Scrum, and DevOps frameworks is beneficial.
What will I learn?
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Recollect the knowledge of DevOps and connect the role of a DevOps Coach to the DASA DevOps Principles
- Comprehend the mindset and role of a DevOps Coach
- Understand the characteristics, structures, and lifecycles of DevOps teams and how to Coach them to high-performance
- Learn using the GROW model as an effective tool during the entire coaching process
- Discover and learn the art of “Feedback” and how to create a feedback culture using various “Feedback” models
- Learn about DevOps transformation mastery
- Distinguish the responsibilities of “DevOps Coach” and “DevOps Leader.”
- Understand that DASA DevOps Coaching is for continuous “Performance” and “Change” – and understand underlying the metrics.
- Learn skills, techniques and mindset shifts and deep dive into inner and outer competencies focusing on both what you do and how you are being
- Understand and utilize coaching skills and knowledge to create high performing teams that are resilient, innovative, resourceful and ready for their continuous improvements
- Understand the four different key modes: Coaching, Mentoring, Facilitation & Consulting. Learn when, why and how to apply the right mode
- Apply learnings to build a business case and plan for the DevOps Transformation journey
- Interpret the DevOps organizational goals and establish high-performing teams’ critical role in this.
- 6 (24+ hours) instructor-led virtual sessions. Please visit the event page for upcoming class schedules.
- 1 hour 1:1 Coaching session
- Course eBook and reference materials
- The DASA DevOps Coach exam (Proctored)
- Activities & Group discussions
- On-demand digital learning; webinars, blogs, white papers
- Ad-hoc sessions to introduce methods, processes, tools & techniques in detail
- Exam preparation; practice questions and mock exam
- Access to the Mural & Slack collaboration tool
- Participants will receive the course completion certification, which 24 Education hours could be used towards other designations (PDU, CTU, etc.)
Available for in-house delivery.
Contact us for more information.
DevOps Coaches are equipped with critical coaching competencies, coaching models and tools to help organizations embark on their transformation journey. DASA DevOps Coaches understand the DevOps context and learn to switch between Coaching, Consulting, Facilitation, and Mentoring. This program makes you a versatile expert that can coach individuals, teams and the organization for change and performance.
Shifting from Old to New ways of Doing
- DASA DevOps Coach Program at a Glance - Course Learning Outcome - Traditional, Agile and DevOps - Impact of Technology Trends - DevOps Coach & DevOps Leader - DASA DevOps – Principles
Coaching for Change and Performance
- The essence of DevOps Coaching - DevOps Coaching – Key Dimensions - Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) - DevOps – Representative Value, Behaviors and Delivery Metrics - Continuous Delivery Maturity Levels - Performance Analysis Quadrant - The journey from Challenge to Impact - Organizational Journey of Change
Mastering DevOps Coach Competencies – Part 1
- Competency Framework - Coaching Framework - Core Skills for a DevOps Coach – Contracting, Presence, Listening & Questioning - Stakeholder Management - Communication - Influencing - Mode of Operation of a DevOps Coach – Coaching, Mentoring, Facilitation, Consulting - The Switch – Coaching, Mentoring, Facilitation & Consulting - Feedback
Mastering DevOps Coach Competencies – Part 2
- DevOps – Organization and Teams - DevOps – Team Development - Role of a DevOps Coach in building DevOps Organization - Gemba Walk - DevOps – Team Coaching - DevOps – Team Coaching in Action
Mastering DevOps Coach Competencies – Part 3
- Developing the Business Case and Map Costs to Value - Models DevOps Assessments - DevOps Transformation & Roadmap - Implement DevOps Gap findings – Culture, Organization, Process, and Automation - Focus on Continuous Improvement - Sustain the transformed State - Bringing it together – applying Learnings to a Case Study
Mastering DevOps Team Coach Competencies – Part 1
- Team Coaching in Action - Building High-performing Teams - Conflict Management - Communication; Active Listening, Power Questioning, Presence - DevOps Journey / DevOps Assessment
DevOps Transformation Journey – Part 1
- DevOps Transformation & Tools of the Trade - DevOps Assessment Scorecard - Transformation Roadmap
DevOps Transformation Journey – Part 2
- Automation & Continuous Delivery - Business Case & Value Stream Mapping - Science of Prioritization & Cost of Delay - Summary