DASA DevOps Certification: Fundamentals Master Class
About this course
Join us at the next virtual DASA DevOps Fundamentals Master class:
September 23 – October 2, 2020
Contact us for the Early Bird offer!
DevOps is a method in which developers work closely with operations. DASA DevOps includes all related teams, such as QA, Product Owners, Security. Thanks to this approach, the software is delivered faster and the quality is continuously improved. Do you already work agile to develop your software? But do you still feel it can be improved? Then you should learn about DASA DevOps.
This virtual instructor-led class is the starting point to involve in an Agile and/or DevOps team’s transformation. Improved workflows and faster deployment start with a core understanding of DASA DevOps Fundamentals. The DASA DevOps Fundamentals course includes the exam support and the proctored online exam. You will able to schedule the exam whenever you feel ready.
Is it right for me?
The DASA DevOps Certification – Fundamentals Master class is intended for individuals who would like to understand Agile and DevOps principles and practices. You will acquire a fundamental understanding of DevOps with the help of key concepts, real-life case reviews, and interactive group discussions.
DASA DevOps Certification Fundamentals Schedule:
|Virtual Session 1||9 am – 1 pm EST||Wednesday||September 23, 2020|
|Virtual Session 2||9 am – 1 pm EST||Friday||September 25, 2020|
|Virtual Session 3||9 am – 1 pm EST||Monday||September 28, 2020|
|Virtual Session 4||9 am – 1 pm EST||Wednesday||September 30, 2020|
|Virtual Session 5||9 am – 1 pm EST||Friday||October 2, 2020|
*Weekend Sessions starts at 7 am – Mountain (MDT) / 8 am – Central (CDT) / 9 am – Eastern (EDT)
* * Exam prep session will be scheduled accordingly.
What will I learn?
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the drivers responsible for the emergence of Agile and DevOps
- Define and discuss the key concepts and principles of Agile and DevOps
- List and explain the business benefits of DASA DevOps and continuous delivery
- Describe the Service Delivery process
- Explain the concepts of test automation, infrastructure automation, and build and deployment automation
- Describe how DASA DevOps relates to Lean and Agile methodologies
- Summarize case studies of IT organizations that are transforming adaptive agile and DevOps models
- List the most common and popular DevOps tools
- Discuss the critical success factors for DevOps implementation
- 4 x 4-hour Instructor-led virtual training sessions
- 2 x 1 hour Executive Speakers
- 1 x 2-hour Exam Preparation session
- 30 minute 1:1 Coaching session
- DASA DevOps Fundamentals Coursebook (PDF)
- Activities & group discussions
- Reference materials; webinars, blogs, white papers
- Practice questions and mock exam
Visit the DASA site for more information.
Available for in-house delivery
Can I just enroll in a single course? I'm not interested in the entire Specialization.
Yes. The ITpreneurs DevOps Fundamentals course is a practical and hands-on 2-day training program that builds an understanding of all 12 areas of the DASA competence model.
- Fun and engaging learning, with quizzes, exercises, interactive learning elements
- Audio and narration available depending on your choice of learning
- Created by DevOps experts who also appear on videos throughout this course
What is the refund policy?
A full refund for all courses (classroom, virtual classroom, eLearning and blended) will be issued only if received in writing 5 business days prior to the access/invitation code being issued. Refund requests received after that date may be granted only on a case-by-case basis, upon review by the issuer, and will be assessed a minimum $50 drop fee. NO refunds will be granted on or after the start date of the course.
What background knowledge is necessary?
DASA DevOps Fundamentals is for anyone involved with Agile and DevOps initiatives in an organization. Completing the course and passing the Fundamentals certification is a key ingredient in a DevOps Journey.
- Individuals in IT Development, IT Operations or IT Service Management
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of DevOps principles
- IT Professionals working within, or about to enter and Agile Service Design Environment
Do I need to take the courses in a specific order?
The role of the IT professional will become more generic as DevOps teams develop and IT people become more multi-skilled. DASA identifies three broad areas of expertise and developed a certification program designed for each profile. These programs test the practical skills and experience of professionals who feel most related to these profiles.
The DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA) is an open, global initiative to develop standards for DevOps competencies that will benefit the individual, team, and organization. ITpreneurs is a DASA Courseware Partner. As a training provider, you can enter into a commercial agreement with ITpreneurs to become a DASA Training Partner. The DASA DevOps exams are delivered by APMG and iSQI. Exams for DASA DevOps portfolio can be taken on the last day of the course in the classroom or by using a web proctor.
Purpose of DevOps - Course Overview - Let’s Talk DevOps: Meet the Expert! - DASA Competence Framework - Course Objectives - DASA: Mastering DevOps in Practice (Knowledge and Skills) Exam
Let’s Talk DevOps: Meet the Expert! - Emergence of DevOps - Core Concepts of DevOps
Essence of a DevOps Culture - Key Elements of DevOps - Implementation of a DevOps Culture
Organizational Model - Autonomous Teams - Architecting for DevOps - Governance
DevOps in Relation to ITSM - Agile and Scrum - Optimizing Processes Using Lean - Business Value Optimization and Business - Analysis Using Story Mapping
Automation Concepts: Automation for Delivery of Software - Continuous Delivery Core Concepts - Continuous Delivery Automation Concepts - Continuous Delivery Automation Focus Topics Data Center Automation: Emergence of Cloud Technology and Principles - Cloud Services Concepts in a DevOps Organization - Automated Provisioning Concepts - Platform Product Characteristics and Application Maturity
Measure and Improvement
Importance of Measurement - Choosing the Right Metrics - Monitoring and Logging
The DevOps Fundamentals exams are delivered by APMG and iSQI. The participants and training organizations can attain the vouchers for the exam through ITpreneurs. Learners can run a simulated exam session to validate they are ready for the exam. A complete sample exam is included allowing learners to practice for their exam as often as they like and test their readiness.