DASA DevOps Certification Fundamentals™ – Masterclass
About this course
Join us at the next virtual
DASA DevOps FUNDAMENTALS™ Masterclass
November 9 – 13, 2020
Contact us for the Early Bird offer!
The following Masters will join our masterclass:
Rik Farenhorst, Lead Author DASA DevOps Fundamentals Course / Founder of Rethink Digital
John Ruppel, DASA Ambassador / Managing Officer at TYIIR Institute
Amalia Barthel, Director, Managed Privacy Canada
DevOps is a method in which developers work closely with operations. DASA DevOps includes all related teams, such as QA, Product Owners, Security. Thanks to this approach, the software is delivered faster and the quality is continuously improved. Do you already work agile to develop your software? But do you still feel it can be improved? Then you should learn about DASA DevOps.
This virtual instructor-led class is the starting point to involve in an Agile and/or DevOps team’s transformation. Improved workflows and faster deployment start with a core understanding of DASA DevOps Fundamentals. The DASA DevOps Fundamentals course includes the exam support and the proctored online exam. You will able to schedule the exam whenever you feel ready.
Is it right for me?
The DASA DevOps Certification – Fundamentals Master class is intended for individuals who would like to understand Agile and DevOps principles and practices. You will acquire a fundamental understanding of DevOps with the help of key concepts, real-life case reviews, and interactive group discussions.
DASA DevOps Certification Fundamentals Schedule:
|Virtual Session 1||10 am – 2 pm EST||Monday||November 9, 2020|
|Virtual Session 2||10 am – 2 pm EST||Tuesday||November 10, 2020|
|Virtual Session 3||10 am – 2 pm EST||Wednesday||November 11, 2020|
|Virtual Session 4||10 am – 2 pm EST||Thursday||November 12, 2020|
|Virtual Session 5||10 am – 2 pm EST||Friday||November 13, 2020|
What will I learn?
• Define and discuss the key concepts and principles of DASA DevOps;
• Describe how DevOps relates to Lean and Agile methodologies;
• Discuss the critical success factors for DevOps transformation;
• Understand the concepts of test automation, infrastructure automation, and build and deployment automation;
• Get insight into the various organizational DevOps models and architectures;
• Explain the drivers responsible for the emergence of DevOps;
• Identify how Cloud and Delivery pipeline automation optimize and accelerate the ways of working;
• Know-how teams can translate DevOps principles into tangible practices;
• Learn about modern operations in a DevOps context;
• Comprehend the business benefits of an Agile mindset, DevOps, and continuous delivery;
• Understand the 4 Skills from the DASA Competence Framework: Courage, Teambuilding, Continuous Improvement, Leadership;
• Understand the 8 Knowledge Areas from the DASA Competence Model: Business Value Optimization, Business Analysis, Architecture & Design, Programming, Continuous Delivery, Test Specification, Infrastructure Engineering, Security, Risk & Compliance.
- 4 x 4-hour Instructor-led virtual training sessions
- 2 x 1 hour Executive Speakers
- 1 x 2-hour Exam Preparation session
- 5 (20+ hours) instructor-led virtual sessions
- 1 hour 1:1 Mentoring session
- Course eBook, Pre-course and reference materials
- Activities, Assignments & Group discussions
- On-demand digital learning; webinars, blogs, white papers
- Ad-hoc sessions to introduce methods, processes, tools & techniques
- Exam preparation, practice questions, and exam
- Introduction to Mural collaboration tool
- Participants will receive the course completion certification confirming 21 hours of Education/Development credits, which could be used towards other designations you have (i.e. PDU and CPD)
Visit the DASA site for more information.
Available for in-house delivery
Can I just enroll in a single course? I'm not interested in the entire Specialization.
Yes. The ITpreneurs DevOps Fundamentals course is a practical and hands-on 2-day training program that builds an understanding of all 12 areas of the DASA competence model.
- Fun and engaging learning, with quizzes, exercises, interactive learning elements
- Audio and narration available depending on your choice of learning
- Created by DevOps experts who also appear on videos throughout this course
What is the refund policy?
A full refund for all courses (classroom, virtual classroom, eLearning and blended) will be issued only if received in writing 5 business days prior to the access/invitation code being issued. Refund requests received after that date may be granted only on a case-by-case basis, upon review by the issuer, and will be assessed a minimum $50 drop fee. NO refunds will be granted on or after the start date of the course.
What background knowledge is necessary?
DASA DevOps Fundamentals is for anyone involved with Agile and DevOps initiatives in an organization. Completing the course and passing the Fundamentals certification is a key ingredient in a DevOps Journey.
- Individuals in IT Development, IT Operations or IT Service Management
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of DevOps principles
- IT Professionals working within, or about to enter and Agile Service Design Environment
Who is this course for?
- Automation Architects
- Business Managers
- Project Managers
- DevOps Engineers
- Enterprise Architects
- Incident and Change Managers
- Integration Specialists
- Network Administrators
- Operations Managers
- Product Owners
- System Administrators
Do I need to take the courses in a specific order?
The role of the IT professional will become more generic as DevOps teams develop and IT people become more multi-skilled. DASA identifies three broad areas of expertise and developed a certification program designed for each profile. These programs test the practical skills and experience of professionals who feel most related to these profiles.
The DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA) is an open, global initiative to develop standards for DevOps competencies that will benefit the individual, team, and organization. ITpreneurs is a DASA Courseware Partner. As a training provider, you can enter into a commercial agreement with ITpreneurs to become a DASA Training Partner. The DASA DevOps exams are delivered by APMG and iSQI. Exams for DASA DevOps portfolio can be taken on the last day of the course in the classroom or by using a web proctor.
• Let’s Get to Know Each Other • Group Activity • Course Overview • Course Objectives • Course Agenda • Case Study: Easy Journey Airways • Exam Details
DevOps - Context
• DevOps Evolution • Business Benefits of DevOps • DevOps Principles • Goals and Measurements
DevOps for Individuals
• From Roles to T-shape DevOps Profiles • DASA Competence Model
DevOps for Teams and Organizations
• Culture and Behavior • Organizational Models • Team Autonomy • DevOps at Scale
• ITSM • Lean • Agile • Architecture • Continuous Delivery and Automation • Modern Infrastructure and Cloud • Operations
The Next Steps
• Analyze the Current Situation • Improve Incrementally
Measure and Improvement
Importance of Measurement - Choosing the Right Metrics - Monitoring and Logging
The DevOps Fundamentals exams are delivered by APMG and iSQI. The participants and training organizations can attain the vouchers for the exam through ITpreneurs. Learners can run a simulated exam session to validate they are ready for the exam. A complete sample exam is included allowing learners to practice for their exam as often as they like and test their readiness.