DASA DevOps Fundamentals
About this course
Join us at the next Virtual Class!
Contact us for the Early Bird offer!
DevOps Fundamentals is the starting point for anyone involved in an Agile and/or DevOps team. Improved workflows and faster deployment start with a core understanding of DevOps fundamentals by all team members. The masterclass provides an extensive introduction to the core Agile DevOps principles covering the essential knowledge and skill competencies that have been defined by DASA.
The DevOps Fundamentals Certification is designed to provide the core education necessary to build your DevOps vocabulary and to understand its principles and practices. With the help of key DevOps concepts and terminology, real-life case studies, examples and interactive group discussions, and extensive exercises in each module, you will acquire a fundamental understanding of DevOps.
Is it right for me?
The DevOps Fundamentals Certification is intended for individuals who would like to understand DevOps principles and practices. With the help of key DevOps concepts and terminology, real-life case studies, examples, and interactive group discussions and extensive exercises in each module, you will acquire a fundamental understanding of DevOps.
What will I learn?
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
DevOps Fundamentals is the starting point for anyone involved in an Agile and/or DevOps team. Improved workflows and faster deployment start with a core understanding of DevOps fundamentals by all team members. The DASA DevOps Fundamentals Masterclass is offered by DASA Training Partners and is the exciting new opportunity to become DevOps-ready in a short and intense period of time through instructor-led virtual training from renowned industry leaders. Invest in your career, expand your DevOps repertoire, network and learn from the best, and upskill yourself to a DevOps expert. By the end of the Masterclass, you will be ready to adopt DevOps principles in your organization. This includes being able to:
- Define and discuss the key concepts and principles of DevOps;
- Describe how DevOps relates to Lean and Agile methodologies;
- Discuss the critical success factors for DevOps transformation;
- Explain the concepts of test automation, infrastructure automation, and build and deployment automation;
- Get insight into the various organizational DevOps models and architectures;
- Give an explanation for the drivers responsible for the emergence of DevOps;
- Identify how Cloud and Delivery pipeline automation optimize and accelerate the ways of working;
- Know how teams can translate DevOps principles into tangible practices;
- Learn about modern operations in a DevOps context;
- Learn and apply the 6 DASA DevOps Principles;
- List and explain the business benefits of DevOps and continuous delivery;
- Understand the 4 Skills from the DASA Competence Framework: Courage, Teambuilding, Continuous Improvement, Leadership;
- Understand the 8 Knowledge Areas from the DASA Competence Model: Business Value Optimization, Business Analysis, Architecture & Design, Programming, Continuous Delivery, Test Specification, Infrastructure Engineering, Security, Risk & Compliance.
- 4 (12+ hours) instructor-led virtual sessions
- 1 hour 1:1 Coaching session
- Course eBook, Pre-course and reference materials
- Activities, Assignments & Group discussions
- On-demand digital learning; webinars, blogs, white papers
- Ad-hoc sessions to introduce methods, processes, tools & techniques
- Exam preparation, practice questions and exam
- Introduction to Mural and Slack collaboration tools
- Participants will receive the course completion certification confirming 12 hours of Education/Development credits, which could be used towards other designations they have (i.e. PDU and CPD)
Can I just enroll in a single course? I'm not interested in the entire Specialization.
Yes. The ITpreneurs DevOps Fundamentals eLearning course is a practical and hands-on 24-hour training program that builds an understanding of all 12 areas of the DASA competence model.
- 24 hours of self-paced online learning
- Accessible on mobile, tablet, computer
- Fun and engaging learning, with quizzes, exercises, interactive learning elements
- Audio and narration available depending on your choice of learning
- Created by DevOps experts who also appear on videos throughout this course
What is the refund policy?
A full refund for all e-Learning and blended learning courses (online, hybrid, webcast, videoconference) will be issued only if received in writing 5 business days prior to the the access/invitation code being issued. Refund requests received after that date may be granted only on a case-by-case basis, upon review by the issuer, and will be assessed a minimum $50 drop fee. NO refunds will be granted on or after the start date of the e-Learning and/or blended learning course.
What background knowledge is necessary?
DASA DevOps Fundamentals is for anyone involved with Agile and DevOps initiatives in an organization. Completing the course and passing the Fundamentals certification is a key ingredient in a DevOps Journey.
- Individuals in IT Development, IT Operations or IT Service Management
- Individuals who require a detailed understanding of DevOps principles
- IT Professionals working within, or about to enter and Agile Service Design Environment
Do I need to take the courses in a specific order?
The role of the IT professional will become more generic as DevOps teams develop and IT people become more multi-skilled. DASA identifies three broad areas of expertise and developed a certification program designed for each profile. These programs test the practical skills and experience of professionals who feel most related to these profiles.
At the end of this course, you will be able to: - Know the emergence of DevOps - Know the core concepts and principles of DevOps - Know what DevOps means for you as professional and for your organization - Know the essence of a DevOps culture - Understand the key elements of a DevOps culture - Know the important aspects when creating a DevOps culture - Know the Operational models of DevOps - Understand the need for autonomous teams - Understand the impact of DevOps on Architecture with respect to deployment - Understand governance within DevOps teams - Understand Agile, Scrum, and Kanban and how these practices relate to one another - Understand how ITSM processes relate to practices in a DevOps culture - Understand how Lean is used to optimize processes - Know how to provide a Value Stream Map for a given process - Understand the way to harvest new and innovative ideas - Know the impact of automation on Software Delivery processes - Understand the benefits and core principles of Continuous Delivery - Describe the key cloud principles of DevOps organizations - Know the relevance of monitoring and logging DevOps
Purpose of DevOps - Course Overview - Let’s Talk DevOps: Meet the Expert! - DASA Competence Framework - Course Objectives - DASA: Mastering DevOps in Practice (Knowledge and Skills) Exam
Let’s Talk DevOps: Meet the Expert! - Emergence of DevOps - Core Concepts of DevOps
Essence of a DevOps Culture - Key Elements of DevOps - Implementation of a DevOps Culture
Organizational Model - Autonomous Teams - Architecting for DevOps - Governance
DevOps in Relation to ITSM - Agile and Scrum - Optimizing Processes Using Lean - Business Value Optimization and Business - Analysis Using Story Mapping
Automation Concepts: Automation for Delivery of Software - Continuous Delivery Core Concepts - Continuous Delivery Automation Concepts - Continuous Delivery Automation Focus Topics Data Center Automation: Emergence of Cloud Technology and Principles - Cloud Services Concepts in a DevOps Organization - Automated Provisioning Concepts - Platform Product Characteristics and Application Maturity
Measure and Improvement
Importance of Measurement - Choosing the Right Metrics - Monitoring and Logging
The DevOps Fundamentals exams are delivered by APMG and iSQI. The participants and training organizations can attain the vouchers for the exam through ITpreneurs. Learners can run a simulated exam session to validate they are ready for the exam. A complete sample exam is included allowing learners to practice for their exam as often as they like and test their readiness.