Apply Agile Concepts to Transform Your Delivery Organization
About this course
Join us at the next Virtual Class!
Agility is not a destination; it is a journey. Similar to any transformation project, practicing agile behavior takes some time, and you should give time to the team to understand the philosophy and then start practicing.
We are in the midst of the 4th Industrial Revolution. The Internet became part of our daily life, technological innovations have skyrocketed, and a number of projects organizations are running to rise steeply. The speed of current innovations has no historical precedent. We are leaving the Industrial Age and entering a new era, some call the “Internet Age” others call the “Social Age.” The rise of new technologies, the importance of customer experience, and what “value” means changed drastically. Could we manage projects the same way we were managing them in the 1990s?
Agile is a philosophy that uses organizational models based on people, collaboration, and shared values. Agile approaches were created to explore feasibility in short cycles and quickly adapt based on evaluation and feedback. Agile management is a mindset; it is NOT a specific method or process. It was originated as a response to traditional project management methodologies, specifically software development.
Agility is the ability to respond to change, the power of moving quickly and easily in challenging, ever-changing environments. Similar to any transformation project, practicing agile behavior takes some time, and you should give time to the team to understand the philosophy, learn more about it and then start practicing. Remember that agility is not a destination; it is a journey.
This course is designed for people who want to learn about agile approaches and methods, apply an agile mindset to their teams and broader project organization. In short, this course is applicable to everyone who wants to transform their team, group, their department or organization into a more flexible and adaptive organization.
By the end of this course, you should feel comfortable initiating the agile transformation. In this course, we are going to discuss the basics and strategy of creating and delivering the agile transformation specifically for the PMOs. This course material also provides guidance for the professional development of the individual practitioner. It also supports agile practitioners in being successful in any type of transformation activities across industries as organizations continue to adopt agile frameworks.
Is it right for me?
This course is suitable for individuals who would like to develop an understanding of the agile mindset and apply knowledge and skills learned in this course to their teams and organizations, such as;
- How to communicate at all levels within your organization and improve your influence
- How to increase your self-awareness, build trust and empower people around them
- How to initiate the agile transformation within your department and organization
- How to develop high-performing teams following agile principles in order to achieve the successful outcomes you want and the business needs.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand agile manifesto and principles and how to become flexible and adaptive as you transform your organization.
- Identify and distinguish different agile methods; how and when you can use these methods along with how you can mix and create your hybrid method.
- Understand how you can start to think and work differently to enable change within yourself and your organization.
- Learn what it means to become an Agile PMO and adapt the dynamic and fast-moving nature of the world today.
- Learn how to create the new vision of your agile PMO; mix and match methods, approaches and project lifecycles.
- Understand how to deliver and continuously improve yourself, your team and your organization.
- Learn best approaches to handle roadblocks and difficult situations such as using more common language or providing awareness training to your teams, stakeholders and sponsors.
- Understand the most common challenges experienced during agile transformation and recommendations to handle those challenges
- Demonstrate the capacity to transform and lead agile project teams
- 1 x 7-hour instructor-led virtual training session
- 1 x 1 hour 1:1 coaching session
- Coursebook (PDF)
- Activities & group discussions
- Reference materials; webinars, blogs, white papers
Available for in-house delivery!
Read the latest comments from our participants.
Contact us for more information.