PMI Released the PMBOK® Guide (Project Management Body of Knowledge) – 7th Edition
Are you using the latest A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide) by PMI? Rapid changes in technology and the need to quickly adapt to changes in the market requires project management professionals to evolve. The PMBOK Guide helps you deliver projects successfully.
Now, you, as a Project manager, can identify the right delivery approach (predictive, adaptive, or hybrid) to deliver value. The PMBOK Guide is a key resource for using best practices to deliver results for project enthusiasts. The PMBOK® Guide 7th edition reflects the need for flexibility in project management. At the same time, the Project Management Standard has been revised to adopt a principle-based structure. In addition, the Performance Domains replace the process groups and knowledge areas from the previous editions. The PMBOK Guide 7th edition also provides specific considerations for tailoring the development approaches and processes to the project’s unique characteristics.
PMI also continues expanding and updating its library of guides, practices, and standards to support project professionals. This update reflects the latest best practices in project management.
What’s new in the PMBOK Guide 7th Edition?
Some of the key changes included in the seventh edition of the PMBOK Guide:
- An expanded discussion on agile approaches and how they can be integrated with more traditional approaches
- New information on tailoring project methods to the specific needs of an organizations
- An updated and expanded glossary
- Better alignment with other PMI standards, such as the Standard for Portfolio Management
The PMBOK Guide supports the need for flexibility by adopting a principle-based structure. Here are some key facts you should know:
- Firstly, the 7th edition reflects the full range of development approaches without preference for one over another. So, instead of focusing solely on projects’ deliverables, the PMBOK Guide 7th edition helps focus on project outcomes.
- Secondly, specific considerations for tailoring the development approach. As a result, processes to the project’s unique characteristics are included.
- Thirdly, the Standard for Project Management is the document that carries the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) designation. PMBOK Guide provides a framework for applying the standard.
Moreover, with this updated edition, YOU will be able to focus on projects’ outcomes rather than just deliverables.
This shift in focus results from the rapidly changing technology landscape. In addition, the guide explains the need for organizations to quickly adapt to changes in the market. The new PMBOK Guide is a valuable resource for those looking to stay ahead of the curve in project management.
Download the PMBOK Guide 7th Edition today!
Any questions, let me know.
PMBOK® Guide (2021)